You have tried many skincare products for acne treatment, but none of them worked. If this makes you frustrated-try home remedies! Maybe your house happens to have bananas, if you don’t have one, go to the supermarket to buy some. Banana peel has a good therapeutic effect on acne. Banana peel contains lutein, which is an antioxidant and carotenoid related to vitamin A. Because of this, bananas have the effect of relieving inflammation. Although the effectiveness of banana peel in treating acne has not been clinically proven, you can still try it yourself to see the effect.
1: Treat Acne with Banana Peel
1. Clean the skin. Before using a banana peel, make sure that there is no oil on the skin. Clean the acne-prone skin with a mild cleanser, then rinse it off with cold water. Then use a soft clean towel to soak up the water.
- Do not rub your skin hard, otherwise, it will cause skin inflammation and aggravate acne.
2. Choose bananas. Choose ripe bananas, such as the yellow ones with dark spots. Bananas that are immature (bright yellow with blue top) or fully ripe (the whole body turns black and taste very soft) are not suitable.
- When applying acne-prone skin, the peel of a ripe banana is more convenient to use.
3. Prepare the banana peel. Peel the banana peel. The banana pulp cannot be used to treat acne, so you can eat the pulp or save it for other skin problems. Cut the banana peel into small pieces for easy handling.
- Banana peel contains vitamins A, B, C, E, potassium, zinc, iron, and manganese. These nutrients can relieve skin inflammation and inhibit acne outbreaks.
4. Wipe the skin with a banana peel. When rubbing, touch the white part of the banana peel to the skin. Pick up a small piece of a banana peel with your hand, and then gently massage the skin for about 10 minutes.
- Every few minutes of massage, check to see if the inside of the banana peel is still white. If the inside of the skin turns black, replace it with a new one and continue the massage.
5. Let the skin get adequate rest. Do not wash your face immediately after the massage. If possible, wait to wash your face with cold water before going to bed. In this way, the skin has enough time to absorb the nutrients in the banana peel.
- If you can’t wait that long, at least wipe your skin with banana peel before going to bed. Wash your face with clean water the next morning.
6. Stick to banana peels. Although you only need to wipe your face with banana peel once a day, you have to persist for at least 7 days to see the effect. After a few days, you will find that the acne has become less, or at least the skin is less red.
- If rubbing a banana peel on your face causes severe skin inflammation, you should stop using it immediately to allow the skin to relax. If the acne persists or becomes more serious, it is recommended that you consult a dermatologist in the hospital.
2: Skin Care with Banana
1. Use bananas to fight wrinkles or cracked heels. Are you worried about wrinkles on your face? Is the skin on your heel often chapped due to dryness? Then try bananas! Apply the mashed banana directly to the skin on the wrinkles or heels and wait for a while. Banana can moisturize the skin, thereby reducing wrinkles.
- Vitamin E in bananas is particularly effective against wrinkles.
2. Homemade exfoliating scrub. Put the bananas in a bowl and mash them into a paste. Then add 1 tablespoon of sugar or 2 to 3 tablespoons of oats and mix well. Adding these ingredients can make the mashed banana easier to adhere to the skin and help remove dead skin. After washing off the scrub with warm water, apply moisturizer.
- Use moderate force when rubbing the skin. Too much force will only hurt the skin. The correct way is to use your fingertips to gently rub the skin in circular motions.
3. Try a homemade moisturizing mask. The banana moisturizing mask is very quick to make, just use a fork to squeeze the banana into a paste. Spread the mashed banana on your face and leave for 15 to 20 minutes. If you want to give this mask more efficacy, you can try adding the following ingredients:
- Turmeric powder: has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Baking soda: can open pores and remove excess oil from the skin
- Lemon juice: can lighten skin pigments and condition the skin
- Honey: can kill bacteria that cause acne
4. Use bananas for hair care. Don’t forget, bananas are also good for hair. Mash one or two bananas and mix it with a tablespoon of honey or a few drops of almond oil. Apply the mixture to wet hair, leave it for 15 minutes, and then rinse off with water.
- The combination of banana honey or banana almond oil can moisturize dry, damaged hair.