If you have blackheads or acne, you may have heard others say that you must “open the pores” to clean your skin thoroughly. But experts believe that pores cannot be opened, and their size cannot be changed. However, there are several ways to clean pores thoroughly. Although they will not change their actual size, they will still appear smaller visually. A healthy lifestyle also helps to keep pores clean, such as eating nutritious food and exercising more.
1: Clean the pores with a mud mask
1. Wash your face. Before preparing to apply the mud mask, wash your face with warm water and pat the skin dry.
- Use warm water instead of hot water.
2. Use a clay mask. Use your fingertips or fan-shaped brush to apply a thin layer of mud mask to your face in sweeping motions, avoiding the eyes and mouth. The mud mask can absorb oil and dirt from the pores.
- The clay mask is most suitable for non-sensitive oily skin and may be too irritating for sensitive skin.
- If it is easy to rub your hands when touching the mask, it means it is still wet.
4. Wash off the mask. Use water to soften the mud mask. Then use a facial towel to scrub your face clean. Be sure to wipe off all masks.
- The mud mask can be applied 2-3 times a week, depending on your skin reaction.
2: Clean pores with steam
1. Wet the face towel with hot water. Turn on the hot water from the faucet and wet the face towel thoroughly.
2. Wring out excess water. The facial tissue does not need to be soaked.
- Be sure to wash your face after steaming your face. Steam can break down the hardened dirt and grease in the pores, making them easier to drain, and then be sure to wash them off with a facial cleanser. If you skip this step, steaming your face will not work as it should.
3: Use parsley lotion
- Parsley has an astringent effect and helps clean pores.
- This astringent can be used every day.
4: Mixing baking soda cream
- Repeat once a week to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells that can clog pores.
5: See a Dermatologist
2. Evaluate your options and decide which treatment plan to use.
- You can ask your doctor to prescribe some exfoliants, such as Retin-A Micro. Exfoliating can remove dead skin cells that block pores. If your face is pale and looks like a lot of dry skin has accumulated, then this method may be especially suitable for you.
- You can also exfoliate with acid peels, such as glycolic acid or salicylic acid. Need to use it multiple times to see obvious results. If there is a lot of dry skin on your face, this method is especially suitable for you.
- Another option is light therapy or laser therapy, possibly using intense pulsed light or LED light. This treatment can increase collagen and make the pores look inconspicuous. It can be used with acid peels.
6: Develop a Daily Skincare Routine
- Use makeup remover wipes.
- If cosmetics irritate the skin or cause acne, you may wish to change the brand or product.
2. Wash your face at least once a day. Otherwise, the dirt and oil on the face will slowly accumulate and block the pores.
- Try to wash your face twice a day at the same time. For the second time, rub the cleanser into the face and wash it off to achieve a deep cleansing effect.
- If you have dry skin, choose a mild chemical exfoliant or a refreshing facial scrub. Apply a layer of mild facial lotion immediately after exfoliating, it will be better absorbed by the skin.
- If you have oily or acne-prone skin, avoid thick and rough scrubs. Choose chemical exfoliants that contain hydroxy acids, such as glycolic acid or salicylic acid.
- If you have sensitive skin, use a cleanser or toner that is rich in plant enzymes twice a week. Do not use harsh scrubs.
- If you have dry and sensitive skin, choose a moisturizing mask. Clay masks and charcoal masks are suitable for oily skin that is prone to acne.
7: Eat Healthy and Exercise
- The healthy fats contained in avocados, nuts, seeds, and fish are also good for the skin.
- To improve the skin, it is best to include more natural, healthy, and unprocessed foods into your diet, including vegetables, fruits, nuts, yogurt, eggs, and multigrain bread.
- Try to drink fewer drinks containing alcohol and caffeine.
- If drinking plain water is too boring, you can add some fruits or drink decaffeinated herbal tea.
- When exercising outdoors, remember to apply sunscreen to protect your skin.
- Do not put on makeup during exercise to avoid clogging your pores. If you want to keep your pores clean, wash your face before exercise and take a bath immediately after exercise.