The legs are too thin to look good in shorts. I believe many people have this trouble, right? Many people are born with too slender legs, and sometimes they will become thinner with age. This is an indisputable fact, and it is not a matter of days to have a pair of strong and stylish legs. But the good news is that it is not impossible to increase leg circumference through proper leg training and a reasonable diet. Even if this is still ineffective for you, you can still use dressing techniques to create the illusion of strong legs. How to do it, read on!
1: Change Daily Habits
- Lots of protein. Protein is a vital presence for muscle gain and an essential ingredient for every meal. Beef, pork, muscle, fish, lamb, etc. are all rich in protein; if you are a vegetarian, you can use tofu, beans, and eggs instead.
- Whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and nuts are all necessary healthy foods. They are the main force of your daily meal.
- Avoid ingesting junk calories, such as processed sugars and flours, fast foods, cakes, biscuits, French fries, and other junk foods. Eating these things will only make you feel tired and will not feel full of energy.
- Energy supplies. Some people think that taking supplements can accelerate muscle growth. Creatine is one of them. It allows the body to naturally produce an acidic substance to help muscle growth. As long as the intake is moderate, creatine is generally considered a safe supplement.
- Each set of training consists of 10 movements, using the maximum weight you can bear. If you can easily repeat a certain weight 15 times, it means that the weight is too light for you; on the contrary, if you can only barely do a certain weight a few times, it means it is too heavy.
- After a few weeks of training, you can increase the weight appropriately to ensure strength.
- Improve training speed. Compared with the conventional speed, accelerated training can promote the burst of energy, thereby accelerating the growth time of muscles, and can also increase the number of repetitions of each training. May wish to train for a limited time, complete as many times as possible within 2 minutes, and rest for a while before proceeding to the next set.
5. Exercise for different muscle groups. Don’t practice the same muscle day after day. If you practice the calf today, you can practice the triceps femoris tomorrow. Give each part of the muscles enough time to rest and grow again. Otherwise, the muscles are prone to fatigue, which will make you The training has entered a plateau. Only by giving them enough time for destruction and reorganization can they grow stronger muscles.
- For example, if you did squat, jump, leg raise, and other training this week, you can change some exercises next week, do straight leg deadlift, supine leg raise, lunge squat, etc.
- Increasing training weight is another way to avoid plateaus. It can be increased every two weeks.
2: Make The Legs Look Stronger
1. Wear flared pants. The upper part of the flared pants fits snugly, and is loose below the knee, making the lower part of your legs look bigger and thicker. Flare pants don’t have to be overly exaggerated (unless you like it), the flared pants can change the contour of the legs and look more robust.
2. Don’t wear tight pants. Tights will make your legs look like matches. If this is not your goal, stay away from tights! If you must buy leggings for various reasons, you might as well choose pants that have whiskers on your thighs and knees. These whiskers can break your own contour and create the illusion of thicker lines.
3. Wear patterned pants. Broken Flowers, stripes, polka dots, tie-dye, these elements as many as possible, when these elements appear on your legs, will leave a strong visual experience. On the contrary, wearing dark, solid-colored pants will make your legs look thinner.
4. Wear knee-length boots. Knee-length boots can completely change the line of the lower part of the legs. Loose and heavy boots are better than tight boots. Wearing them on the outside of jeans can make your legs look fuller.
- Boots with loose pants will look a bit bulky, so you might as well pair them with jeans for a more fashionable look.
5. Wear a close-fitting skirt. If your skirt is loose and bulky, it will make your legs look slimmer in comparison, while a slightly tighter skirt will accentuate the legs properly, making the legs look less thin.
6. Skirt across the knee. A skirt with a skirt tail 3-5cm below the knee can avoid making your legs look too thin, because a skirt that is too short will make people focus on your legs, while a knee-length skirt can be between the thin legs and the garment Make a good balance.
3: Sculpted Leg Exercises
1. Squat. This is the most effective exercise to strengthen the thigh muscles because it mobilizes the most leg muscle fibers. If you are a beginner, it is recommended to squat with bare hands. If you already have a certain exercise foundation, you can hold a barbell for 10- A set of 12 squats. Of course, dumbbells are fine if you don’t like barbells. The following are the correct moves for squats:
- Open your legs, shoulder-width apart;
- Bend your knees and squat down until your thighs are parallel to the ground;
- Hold for 10 seconds;
- Back to the starting action
- Perform 3 sets, each set 10-12 times;
2. Lunge squat. This action can exercise the gluteus maximus, quadriceps, and hamstrings. After practicing for a period of time, you will feel the growth of the leg muscles.
- Take a big step forward with one leg;
- While stepping forward, the knee of the other leg touches the ground;
- Make sure your torso is perpendicular to the ground;
- Stand up and retract your feet and repeat with the other leg.
3. Jump the box. This movement can exercise calf muscles without complicated equipment. Find a fitness box placed in front of your feet where you can easily jump up. The higher the box, the more difficult it is. Point your toes towards the box, jump onto the box vertically, hit your heels on the ground, then jump back to the ground and repeat the action.
- The box you are looking for must have a certain weight, otherwise, you may slip on it.
- It is generally not recommended to hold dumbbells when jumping in a box, to prevent your hands from being caught in a fall.
4. Stretch the legs. This action requires the use of a leg extension machine, usually in the strength training area of the gym, set the weight you can complete about 10 times, depending on each person’s ability, usually about 20-50 pounds.
- Sit on the machine with your knees bent and your feet under the lower bars;
- Straighten your legs, lift the weight, and then lower;
- Complete 3 sets, 10-12 times in each set.
5. Leg curls. This action also requires professional equipment to complete, the leg curl machine allows your ankle to be attached to the baffle to lift the weight. Set the maximum weight you can complete ten times, usually between 20-50 pounds (or heavier).
- Keep your ankles against the pedals and grab the armrest with both hands;
- Bend your knees back to lift the weight, then straighten your legs again.
- Perform 3 sets of 10-12 reps, then change legs.
6. Deadlift straight legs. This exercise is for the hamstrings. It is especially important for shaping the legs with lines. You need to prepare a barbell, which is the weight you can complete ten times at most.
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart, keep your legs upright and not bend while bending over, hold the barbell with both hands;
- Lift the barbell to the thigh position with the legs straight, and then slowly return to the ground position;
- Perform 3 sets, 10-12 times in each set.